Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Escape Artist

So I picked Ari up from preschool today & her teacher says to me: "Keep working on her not touching the door (meaning door handle). She got out again today. We're thinking of getting a gate so she can't get to the door."

Internally, I think I'm cracking up. Cuz... that's my kid!!! Thank God Almighty they have the entire property fenced off so at least she was still @ the school. Although... that gate isn't very secure and if she can open their front door, well then, she could open the gate too if she wanted. Which proves that she doesn't really want to leave the premises. She just wants to be outside. Which is why I still have safety handles on my doors here at the house. She can't open them. Because if I didn't have them on the doors, she would try to open the doors here! And off she'd run. Don't the sidewalk (at least she knows to stay out of the street!)

She's only on week #3 (which means day five) at the school and has already escaped twice. Two outta five. Wowza!!! We'll keep telling her that the door handle is only for adults but... I mean, come on. I bet other kids open that door. They only do it when arriving or leaving with their parents, maybe? My kid is on the loose. Love her for that. Determined. "Free-spirited" Willing to push the limits.

Run Ari, run. Wait... no. I mean, don't touch the door handle! (God, help me rear this child!)

No comments: