Monday, February 1, 2010

Feb. 01, 2010 - part of a day in our life

Today was Monday. The first action item of the day for the Mitchell girls (directly after completing breakfast, of course) was to attempt to build a working CD player utilizing hand sanitizer, vacuum parts and “lost things”. I’d say it was somewhat successful. Imagination is such a gorgeous thing! Second item of the day was “mountain” (box) climbing. Not my preference. Third item of the day: talk about love and get a head start on creating valentines for Ari’s preschool Valentine party. Here is a teensy snippet of that conversation:


What is LOVE?
ARI: Love is hugs and smiles.
MATEJA: Kisses, hugs, being nice to each other and playing nice.

Fourth item of the day: SNACK TIME while I listened to a random play list including Lionel Richie, Paolo Conte, Misty Edwards, Isaac Hayes, Laura Hackett, Cory Asbury, Michael Hedges and a few others. It was then onto "play time" which involved plastic Easter eggs, a paper umbrella from Thailand, “Raja” and “Nala” their two stuffed tigers and a Hello Kitty lunch bag (full of great items) all used in efforts to attack dinosaurs.

Time to make lunch: Fettuccine with chunky tomato sauce, cream, & spinach. Red bells and refreshing water on the side. Time for more painting and crafting after that. Girls went down for naps. Michael Buble accompanied my greenhouse researching online. I got back to completing valentines for the kids and dreamt of making some hot creamy drink. Then I shook myself. "SURELY I will get something done today!!! I have packing to do after all and those toilets MUST be cleaned. Stop tweeting. Stop researching green houses. Stop creating already!" The girls are up from their naps now.

-- This is when I exhaled a great big sigh and then rose from my place at the table where my hands were gripping my favorite pair of scissors --

I cleaned the toilets. I packed boxes. I administered time-outs. I gave hugs. I washed mirrors. I helped when help was asked. I brushed hair. I packed a sewing machine. I popped a bag of microwave pop corn and then served it to my treasures. I mothered. I laughed. I wished I had done more. It always looks so much better in black and white...

SURELY I'll get more done tomorrow. Surely.

No comments: