Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Wind in My Sails

I know I've been behind in posting. Time seems to go by faster and faster!

Last Tuesday the director @ the girls' preschool told me there was an opening for Ari to stay full days instead of the half days she's been staying. Nathan called me later that day and said, "Let's do it!" Thursday she was there a full day. When I left the school yard, a smile spread over my face as I approached my car. There was that feeling again. Release. Relief. I hadn't planned my day past noon. I think that if I would have begun to run full speed and open my arms, I may have been able to lift off! I felt like I could just soar. A FULL day? No kids! Woah.

Nathan and I met @ the gym for an hour after lunch. It was one of the best hours I've had in a long time. He's my trainer. LOVE it.

Tuesday (yesterday) rolled around. I was FULL of anticipation and had my list full of things to do without the kids: things that are fun for me like going to the furniture store to search out a dresser and living room furniture. I dropped the girls, drove promptly to my favorite "grocery" store w/ list in hand, purchased two days worth of food plus pantry items and zipped home. I was home before 10am and the groceries were unpacked. I was checking emails and then ready to fly out the door again onto the next things. And then the phone rang. And I answered it. The preschool director was on the other line asking me come lift Ari. There went the wind out of my sails. Ari was congested and had green slime... well, you get it.

I really struggled with having to go get her and give up my day. Obviously I had to pick her up. So I did. And then I shifted all my plans to simply spend the day with my little one. We did that too. I haven't spent so much one on one time with her in... oh, it's been a while. We just hung out all day. It was actually a great day. I guess, the wind shifted. Instead of the wind in my sails to carry out my tasks a fresh wind came into my sails to spend the day with my littlest girl. We had a blast!

No comments: