Saturday, March 26, 2011

Good Gifts

Baby girl was crying all morning (I'm beginning to think she has started teething). Teja was "stressed" (her words, not mine). Once I was able to get baby girl calmed & down for her nap I connected with Tej. You'll enjoy this:

I returned from putting baby girl in her bed. Teja was sitting on the piano bench waiting to play me a song. The first words out of her mouth,"MAN! I am sooo stressed out! I'm trying to get rid of this stress." I knew why and offered Mom's understanding, "That was kinda stressful wasn't it? Let's just give our stress to Jesus. He'll take it if you want to give it to Him." Without missing a beat, she said, "Jesus, here is my stress! Please take it!!!" She acted as if she was grabbing at some pesky mosquitos and thrusting them upwards. I further encouraged her, "Now you can ask Jesus what He will give you in return for your stress. He likes to give us gifts." She continued, "Jesus, what will you give me back since I gave you my stress?" Silence followed as she draped herself forward over the piano bench. I was the expectant onlooker wondering what she might receive in return. Her long legs and arms swung slowly back and forth for a few seconds. Squeals and giggles burst forth as her arms, legs and hair began to boogie. I wanted to know why the sudden change. "What did He say?" She whipped her head up and exclaimed with enthusiasm, "He said Joy & Love! Mom, I'm sooo excited!! Woo Hoo!!!"

Now those are good gifts!

We laughed together and then we played a duet on the piano.

1 comment:

Emily Branca said...

What a great moment. I'm totally crying as I read this. Love you guys. Glad you're my family :)