Monday, February 16, 2009

Misery?

Monday
Today was supposed to be a day full of busyness. The girls had a full schedule. I had a full schedule which included lots of driving back and forth. I had three different people scheduled to help me with the girls or with the clean-up of the old house. One cancelled because of a family emergency. Another cancelled because of illness. And the third I called to tell her don’t bother coming because I’m in bed with the flu. Can you believe it? Here I am in my new place full of expectancy and hope and… the flu. I’m such a healthy person that I truly forget what it’s like to be ill. It sucks. I’m on my third thermos of Thera Flu in two days time. Nasty stuff. But it does its job. It’s almost against my religion to take the stuff.


I’ve spent most of the day in bed and most of that time in bed has been sleeping. Misery is the flu. Misery is helplessly laying in bed on your husband’s third day off while he does the duty of two people (today is President’s Day and thus a holiday for him). Misery is aching all over. Misery is missing taking the girls to a princess birthday tea party. Ah, well, misery is overrated.

I’ve had time to just BE here in my room and realize all the more how very happy I am in our new home. LOVE it here. The noises are going to take some getting used to of course, but it’s that way in any new place. My husband met our downstairs neighbors. He had such a good report. They too have two children same ages as ours. And they are thrilled that a family has moved in above them. Score! This is the opposite of misery. We live less than ten minutes from my grandmother’s home. This too is the opposite of misery: pleasure, gladness, cheerfulness, joy, glee, bliss, delight, exhilaration, ecstasy, contentment, satisfaction, amusement, thrill, elation, wonder, happiness…


Feeling better about things that are the opposite of miserable. Back to bed.

No comments: